We offer a rapid response service to minimise the downtime of your equipment.
We offer ALL our customers:
- A reliable, quality service offering with our fleet of fully equipped service vehicles
- A fully equipped workshop facility
- A team of highly skilled service engineers
Laptop Diagnostics and Service Support
Available to all our field engineers to assist them in supporting our customers.
A wide range of service maintenance options to ensure that your equipment is maintained to the highest standard and adheres to the necessary regulations, we offer tailored service contracts to suit all site requirements:
- Planned preventative maintenance
- Full maintenance contracts
- Thorough examinations
McLeman’s engineers are all fully qualified, receiving accredited manufacturers product training and can also carry out the statutory inspections (LOLER) to provide a Certificate in Materials Handling Equipment.
Need some advice?Make an enquiry
or call us today
0121 766 4966
FORKLIFT TRUCK TYRES
Do you need new tyres for your forklift truck?
- Unbeatable prices on various tyres, including the ‘continental‘ tyre from our premium range through to more budget tyres to cover all customer requirements.
- High quality & competitive prices.
Talk Tyres with Us 0121 766 4966
All material handling equipment trucks are subject to a statutory inspection under The Lifting Operation and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER 1998).
- A Thorough Examination is a systematic and detailed examination of the lifting equipment and safety-critical parts, carried out at specified intervals by a competent person who must then complete a written report.
- The report will highlight items requiring rectification and applicable timescale for completion.
- The examination is mandatory by law and ensures that the mechanical parts of the fork truck are regularly inspected to keep the fork truck safe to use when operated to manufacturers recommendations.
- The examination covers all parts of the industrial lift truck, including attachments and accessories.
Note: An inspection as part of a normal scheduled truck service is not a Thorough Examination.
THOROUGH EXAMINATION INTERVALS
In accordance with HSE LOLER Approved Code of practice and guidance L113.
Any truck working up to 40 hours per week including attachments permanently fitted to the truck.
Any truck working between 40 and 80 hours per week.
Any truck used for elevating persons, no matter how frequent.
Any truck working in excess of 80 hours per week.
Any truck working in environments such as:
- Marine environments
- Corrosive chemical environments
- Metal manufacturing and processing
- Cement / aggregate processing or where abrasive particulates are present
- Brine processes
Attachments and accessories:
If not permanently fitted to the fork truck the regime for Thorough Examinations shall be every 6 months.
The following are ‘exceptional circumstances’
- The truck has been damaged or has failed.
- The truck has been out of use for long periods of time.
- There has been a major change in how the truck is used, affecting its integrity.